Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Native American Poster




Our most recent assignment was to re-design a poster for the Native American Month. We were told not to go the route of a dream catcher or some lame Indian drawing. This proved to be more difficult than I thought it would be. I came up with two ideas....I'm not really sure which I like better. One is more based off of a tag line and play on words and the other is more traditional with the wild horses. The bull one is a very rough draft. With the right illustration it could be developed into something much more interesting. Update: After discussing things with Rusty he chose my sitting bull sketch. If I develop the drawing properly, things could go very well. The task is deciding whether or not to do a cartoon or a real drawing which could prove difficult because there is no reference from which I can draw....I mean have you ever seen a sitting bull?

No comments:

Post a Comment