Monday, December 7, 2009

Lord of the Flies Book Cover.

So. I have some decisions to make. After finishing my illustration, I'm putting in the title and the author. I wanted to use the type at the top because the book is about a bunch of young boys and I thought that the handwriting should be child-like but Rusty thought that it should be savage looking so I put the second one in. I don't really know which one I like. I'm on the fence.

Friday, December 4, 2009

Lord of the Flies.

This is my Lord of the Flies Illustration. It's not quite finished yet. I have to do the ears and make him look less happy. haha. Dead pigs aren't supposed to be happy....I haven't decided what color I want to do the background. But I think I'm also going to use this for my Viscom book project as well.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Revised Soda Carrier.

This is actually my second revised version of my soda carrier. The first is lost in the shuffle of revisions. It was a turquoise color but people suggested I do something more fun so I decided to make a grape soda and the bottles are pretty cool as long as I get them all figured out. Rusty wants me to put actual bubbles on the box but I don't really want to. I like the simplicity of the circles...I think photos of bubbles will look cheap but we'll see. Idk how I'm going to get a picture of a bubble that would be usable.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sound Illustration Final.

This is my sound illustration. I really like how it turned out. I wanted to do the sound of a squeaky floor/mouse squeak. I think I executed it well.
Time spent illustrating/scanning: 4 hours
Time spent prepping/revising/comping: 3 hours

Final Red Barn.

This is the final Red Barn campaign. Web banner, poster, newspaper ad, and pamphlet spread. I'm actually pretty happy about how this turned out. I like the incorporation of the zipper and I worked foooooorrrreeevvvveeerrr getting the zipper to look good in photoshop.
Revising/recomping: 5 hours