Monday, December 7, 2009

Lord of the Flies Book Cover.

So. I have some decisions to make. After finishing my illustration, I'm putting in the title and the author. I wanted to use the type at the top because the book is about a bunch of young boys and I thought that the handwriting should be child-like but Rusty thought that it should be savage looking so I put the second one in. I don't really know which one I like. I'm on the fence.

Friday, December 4, 2009

Lord of the Flies.

This is my Lord of the Flies Illustration. It's not quite finished yet. I have to do the ears and make him look less happy. haha. Dead pigs aren't supposed to be happy....I haven't decided what color I want to do the background. But I think I'm also going to use this for my Viscom book project as well.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Revised Soda Carrier.

This is actually my second revised version of my soda carrier. The first is lost in the shuffle of revisions. It was a turquoise color but people suggested I do something more fun so I decided to make a grape soda and the bottles are pretty cool as long as I get them all figured out. Rusty wants me to put actual bubbles on the box but I don't really want to. I like the simplicity of the circles...I think photos of bubbles will look cheap but we'll see. Idk how I'm going to get a picture of a bubble that would be usable.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sound Illustration Final.

This is my sound illustration. I really like how it turned out. I wanted to do the sound of a squeaky floor/mouse squeak. I think I executed it well.
Time spent illustrating/scanning: 4 hours
Time spent prepping/revising/comping: 3 hours

Final Red Barn.

This is the final Red Barn campaign. Web banner, poster, newspaper ad, and pamphlet spread. I'm actually pretty happy about how this turned out. I like the incorporation of the zipper and I worked foooooorrrreeevvvveeerrr getting the zipper to look good in photoshop.
Revising/recomping: 5 hours

Monday, November 30, 2009

Revised Red Barn II.

After having my mom tell me that the concept for the barn door was funny and she thought it was funny even though she's old, (her words not mine) I decided to use my concept because I think it was the strongest one and was an entirely different concept than I had seen from other people. This has been a tricky assignment. Lots of revising. I spent another 2 hours coming up with these layouts.

Revised Red Barn.

This is the second concept I came up for Red Barn. I don't know how I feel about it. Probably going to scratch it. I worked 2 hours revising it.

Final Society of Illustrators.

This is my final S of I mailer. I really like how this turned out. I think it looks professional and clean. It was pretty time consuming and difficult to get all the type laid out on the back side but I think I had ample room to do so while still incorporating some interesting details.
Time revising: 3 hours

Monday, November 16, 2009

Sound Illustration.

These are my first sketches of my sound illustration. We were told to come up with a visual representation of what a sound would look like. I came up with these:

Everyone thought that the squeaky floor was a good idea. I like the alarm clock too but I thought this one would be the most entertaining to make.

Society of Illustrators

This is the revised version of the Society of Illustrators. I think it is coming along nicely. Just some tweaking needs to be done.
Time spent:
2 hour brainstorming/researching
5 hours executing
3 hours revising

Final Guinness Book of World Records Illustration.

This is my final dog illustration. I really like how it turned out. The final poster is due friday. I spent a total of 5 hours on this one.

The text with the illustration so far looks like this:

Final Missouri Postcard.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Practice Airbrush Fruit.

These are my practice airbrush fruits. There cherry was attempt one and the orange was attempt two. I like the cherry much more. I just figured out how to use the frisket so hopefully when it comes time to do my final hello kitty airbrush it will turn out much better than the orange.

Marker Comps

These are my marker comps for the cheesy illustration for the airbrush.

This is my marker comp for the Missouri postcard. I'm thinking gouache.

Friday, November 6, 2009

Wednesday, November 4, 2009


My pamphlet, newspaper advertisement, and banner. I wanted to use something catchy and funny. My personal favorite is the zipper one. I think it really applies to the intended audience: college students. I don't know if I could use this concept for all of them because I don't think old people or parents would really enjoy it as much...